barn sale

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

*Feedback Week* Day 2

I love menu planning, I just hate feeling like we eat the same ol' things every month!  In the summer we do lots of grilling and salads, and in the winter we do lots of crock potting and soups.  Then I have my "usuals".  One of my favorite (and my family's favorites) staple meals is Ham & Noodle Casserole.  What's one of your staple meals?

(I'm making it tomorrow for dinner so I'll repost a picture then ;))
Here's the recipe (my version) for the Ham & Noodle Casserole...
13 oz box of pasta (I prefer Barilla Mini Penne)
2 cans cream of chicken
2 C light sour cream
diced/cubed ham to taste (I usually put in about 1 1/2C)
12 slices swiss cheese
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350*
Prepare pasta according to box.  Mine is usually done in 7 minutes.... while the pasta is boiling, in a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken, sour cream, ham, & salt & pepper to taste.  Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.  Once the pasta is done, add it to the mixture.  Pour half of mixture into 9x13 dish.  Layer with 6 slices of swiss cheese.  Put in the rest of the mixture and top with the last 6 layers of cheese.  Bake for 1 hour.  Easy and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Christopher and I both LOVE swiss cheese too. This recipe is in our regular rotation and has swiss in it. I like to buy the Rothbury Farms croutons at Walmart. They are big, a nice quality and cheaper than the others.

    Swiss Alpine Chicken
    4 cups cooked chicken breasts
    2 cups Croutons
    2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
    1 cup chopped Celery
    1/2 chopped Onion
    1 cup Mayonnaise
    Salt & Pepper to taste

    Mix all ingredients and place in greased 9×9 inch pan. (or double for 9 x 13)
    Bake at 350º for 30 minutes, or until it bubbles

    ReplyDelete