barn sale

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

*Feedback Week* Day 3


This is for dog people out there...... I love our new little pup but I'm worried our house may start smelling like "dog" the bigger he gets.  How do you avoid that?  Frequent baths aren't an option for us since TJ has dry skin.  Any cleaning products (for the home or doggy) that you'd recommend?  Do I just need to mop my floors weekly? 
These pics are the reason we got a dog!  I knew the kids would love him!

1 comment:

  1. When you find the answer, please let me know!! The things I do to help with the smell are: sweeping all of the floors regularly (I vacuum weekly but sweep the kitchen/living room areas a couple times a week), occassionally vacuum the dog with an attachment (this really helps with shedding & General doesn't mind), dust our furniture every 2 weeks (it's surprising where all of the dog hair ends up!), & we bathe him every few months. General has very sensitive skin so we can't bathe him too much but when we do it's makes a huge difference in his shedding. During the summer we also shave him; not only to keep him cooler but it also significantly helps with shedding. Can you tell that I can't stand the shedding??? :) I feel like when our house is musty smelling, the dog smell comes out, which isn't often. Unfortunately, you won't be able to always keep the smell away but these things have helped us a ton. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete