barn sale

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Santa Claus Came to Town!

Friends of ours have a family friend that loves to dress up and play Santa.  She asked if we'd wanted to have a little get-together this year and have Santa show up.  I'm always on board for fun things like that!  I offered to host, we invited our parents, I made some yummy snacks, and we had so much fun!

The punch was a hit!  Sweet and carbonated and the kids loved filling up little punch cups and passing it out!  (Look for the recipe tomorrow!)

Chopped beef cheese ball (also made meatballs that I didn't get pics of!)

Caramels, Gingersnaps, Sugar cookies
(The sugar cookies are best if eaten the same day they are made!)

Santa was walking up the drive way and Allie says, "That's not the real Santa.  He has a curly beard and the real Santa doesn't."  I just shushed her, and we welcomed Santa.  After Santa left she wouldn't stop saying "That wasn't the real one!"  He was a very good and sweet Santa... even if he had a curly beard!

The kids each got a hand knitted scarf (made by Stephanie's mom) and a beany baby dog from their Mamaw.  Their Mimi made goody bags they got too!

Garrett wasn't a fan of Santa this year.
Our friends the Sextons!
Kevin and I got scarfs too!  We love them!


Garrett still didn't like Santa!  haha
Cutest little backwards-hat-wearing boy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment