barn sale

Friday, December 9, 2016

Pepperoni Pasta


This meal is so easy, and it gets rave reviews from every member of my family!  The kids want seconds and thirds, Kevin loves it leftover for work the next day, and I love that it's a quick meal I can throw together on busy nights!

The recipe came from a magazine at my mom's house many many years ago.  I've changed it a little from the original, so here's how we make it..

Ingredients:
16oz pasta (I use mini penne)
1 package turkey pepperoni (regular pepperoni is too greasy)
3 1/2 C hot water
2 C heavy whipping cream
1 1/2C freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
(I use my electric skillet, but I'm sure you could make this on a stove top with a large pan as long as it has a lid!)  In a skillet, add pasta, pepperoni cut in 4ths, and water.  Turn heatt to about 375*, (I'd say that's medium high on a stop top) and cover.  While the pasta is cooking, grate your block of fresh parmesan.  Using fresh parmesan is what makes this recipe so tasty, so don't skip this step!  While grating your cheese, stop one or two times to give the pasta a stir.  It will stick to you skillet if you don't.  After 12-15 mins your pasta should be cooked and all the water absorbed.  Add in the whipping cream, cheese, salt and pepper.  Stir well then serve immediately.  Serve it with a salad to get your veggies :)
The original recipe calls for adding it chopped chilies when you add the cream and cheese, but we prefer it with out them.  If you like things spicy, make that change!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. We made this recipe this weekend!! So yummy and perfect on these cold nights!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Did Tyler remember it? When I was telling mom about it, she didn't remember it! It's always been one of my faves!

      Delete