barn sale

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Kids Christmas Tree

When we set up the "play room" for the kids, I decided it would be a great time to set up a Christmas tree for the kids.  I remember growing up, we had a small tree at the top of the stairs to put our ornaments on, and it was one of my favorite things!  I haven't taken the time to set up a tree filled with the kids ornaments for I'm guessing 3-4 years.

I had a pre-lit artificial tree in the garage, and I knew the lights were dead, but I decided I'd pull it out, take the dead lights off and that could become the kids tree.  I had no idea what an undertaking it was to pick lights off pre-lit trees.  I spent hours working on it (the problem was eachbranch of the tree had two little green snaps that connected the lights to the branches.  Each branch x2 is a lot of little plastic snaps!)  Kevin surprised me with my favorite Starbucks drink and that helped perk me back up.  My fingers were so sore, so when I thought I had finished, I was so excited to get the tree inside (I'd been working in the garage) and get the new lights on.  My joy was short lived because I spotted about 100 lights that I had missed.  But... I got them off, added the new lights, and the tree is beautiful!

I can't say that it was a fun job, but I didn't want to pay for a new tree when I knew the one we had was pretty.  I also decided I'd have a hard time ever buying a pre-lit artifical tree again!
All the ornaments are ones the kids have collected over the years!
Our "angels" on top were made back in 2010 (that was the size of their hands and feet that year!) - so it's probably time to update them and include 2 more angels!  I actually have a sewing project in mind, just don't know that I'll get it done before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I've heard several horror stories of people having to remove their dead lights from trees. Guess it's pretty common!?! Glad that job is over and your kid tree looks great :)

    ReplyDelete