barn sale

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016

Our Christmas card this year.
In late November, we usually head to Christmas Lake to take our Christmas card pictures.  This year we were all looking forward to it.  In fact, the kids were really upset we just went for pictures and we didn't stay the night.  And Santa had left the Christmas shop an hour before they closed, so we didn't get to see him either.  Before we left home to head to CLV, Krissy asked Kevin if he was going to be silly.  He is always standing behind me getting the kids to smile and laugh.  He usually is climbing trees, using sticks as antlers, doing hand stands, and acting crazy.  One year I should have someone take pictures of Kevin because I'm sure they would be entertaining.

Earlier this year, my dad spent a lot of time clearing trees in their front lot so you could see the lake from the deck.  They have also planted some pretty holly bushes, so we had lots of choices where we could have taken the kids pictures.  Kevin insisted we do the lake view, and I think he was totally right.  The background almost looks fake it's so pretty.

I'd love to tell you I had so many choices for the Christmas card, but that's just not the case.  I didn't realize I was on manual focus, so almost every picture I took was out of focus. I got so lucky to get this great shot of everyone looking and smiling and it was half way focused. 
This shot was another one that was half way in focus and I thought was sweet.  Not really front of the Christmas card worthy, but cute none the less.

I also had every kiddo pose for individual pictures.  You can't have too many pictures, right?



The girls outfits were on clearance at BornToBeSassyBoutique on Instagram.  They were $10 each for the top and bottom.  I decided not to personalize them so we could pass them on to other people when we were done with them.  I did make them little monogrammed necklaces that turned out really cute.  The boys had the plaid shirts already - actually the one Austin wore I think is the same one Hayden wore for our 2010 Christmas card.  I'll have to see if I can find that picture!

As always, I print my Christmas cards at Sams on Black Friday weekend.  It's 100 one-hour photo cards and envelopes for $15.  Can't beat it. 

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!  We have plans to see lots of family and celebrate Austin's 3rd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment