barn sale

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Day 2016

I always love how the tree looks when all the gifts are put out!  It looks like a lot, but each kiddo got 4 gifts.
Normally we try to mix in books and clothes with their Christmas gifts, but we didn't do as many toys for birthdays this year (because we did the outside play house).  Each kiddo got a family game we could all play (Hungry Hungry Hippos, Pie in the face, Connect 4, & Pictionary), and the rest were toys we thought they'd enjoy.  For their "big gifts", the girls both an American Girl doll, Hayden got a real bow and arrows, and Austin got a race car track.  
Hayden also got a toy gun and Quixel 3D (it's a set of beads you can build 3d figures with).  Allie got a mommy puppy that has babies in it's belly, and an extra outfit for her doll.  Krissy got shopkins and an extra outfit for her doll.  Austin got a nerf gun and a light up gun.  Seems like we were into dolls and guns this year!
Kevin got me really warm pink gloves for the snow (hoping we get some!), a phone charger to keep in my purse, and a gift certificate to get a pedicure!  I got him a really awesome flashlight. I know that sounds boring, but I'm a really practical gift giver, and he's said a million times over the last 10 years he wished he had a good flashlight.  So, I bought the best one on the market and it should last a long, long time!

The kids were squirming through the Christmas story and were dying to open gifts - I couldn't find my good camera, so Kevin gave me his phone to use.  The pictures aren't the best, but this is all I have from Christmas morning!








Christmas morning my counter was covered in sugar cookies, homemade bread, and breakfast cake!  I also had some "sampler" plates put together to take to friends and family!
After gifts, we got ready for lunch with Kevin's family.  After lunch, we headed to my parents house for an early dinner because my dad had to work that evening.  It's hard to believe, but I didn't hardly get my camera out the whole day!  I snapped a couple pictures of Krissy + Eleanor, so here they are!
(Allie and Krissy had matching dresses that were Christmas gifts from their Mamaw)

We had a Merry Christmas and hope you did as well!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures of Eleanor and Krissy the past few times we have been together.. They will grow up and be best buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's sweet they are such good friends :)

      Delete