barn sale

Thursday, December 8, 2016

HBD to Me!

What an amazing birthday I had yesterday!  One word to sum it all up:  perfect. 

I had lots of texts, messages on Instagram, a few calls, a cute video from my niece, an email - all from people wishing me a Happy Birthday.  It was SO sweet.  I promise that alone made my day great!

But Kevin went to so much trouble to make sure I had the best birthday.  Last week when he got off work, he told me to go shop and pick out a few things for myself.  He specifically told me to get some cute new boots, so I did.  (Can I just insert kid free shopping is a gift in itself!  I mean, I love those little boogers, but trying on shoes or clothes with kids isn't fun.)  And I got a few new tops from Target.  I'm hard to surprise because I take care of the finances, so I know when money is going out and where it's going.... but he sneakily opened up a Dillard's card and got me a new Michael Kors red purse.  He also got my mom a gift and wrote her a sweet card and left it on her car so she'd find it that morning.  Who does that?!  He had several ladies at Dillards wishing he was their son in law!  It didn't stop there.  He went to one of my favorite cake shops in town and ordered me a birthday cake in my favorite flavor (strawberry).  I had every intention of making my own cake, but he didn't want me to that.  His thoughtfulness was just through the roof, and I felt so lucky!
Satchel bags with long straps are my favorite style right now.
I was torn between two pair of boots.  The other pair had lots of cute cream colored fur at the top, but I figured these would wear better over time.  Plus they are narrow!  (I have a super narrow foot.)
Strawberry cake with strawberry icing
Several months ago I saw an angel canvas that I fell in love with.  My parents always ask for birthday and Christmas ideas and I told my mom I needed this canvas and was hoping she'd give it to me for my birthday.  She did and my dad delivered it :)  Kevin hung it for me as soon as it was delivered.  It's one of my favorite things hanging in our home.  I just adore it.  The painter is probably my all time favorite.  I follow her on instagram and love to see comments on her painting because everyone interprets them differently.  I looked at my painting and saw my 4 kids.  Another lady looked at it and saw her and her 3 grandkids.
I need to make the kids start posing in this order - Krissy/Hayden/Allie/Austin bc that's how  I see them in the pic!
Posing with some of my gifts before dinner :)
Kevin's parents gave me the perfect birthday gift - money!  They told me to get something I wanted.  I have some bracelets I'm wanting to buy this Spring, so I'm putting that money in my bracelet fund!  

Back to my actual birthday, Krissy, Austin, and I went to the mall for lunch.  We had Chick Fil A, I let the kids play at the play place, and we had an m&m cookie from the cookie place before we left.  After that, we went to the elementary school to refill Hayden and Allie's lockers with snacks and deliver a little gift to Allie's class (she's star student this week).
Austin ate what Krissy didn't finish!
He had so much fun

They loved this slide.

My favorite cookies

I had planned to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, but when I called they said they'd have to split up our party of 10.  I said no thanks and picked O'Charley's who had no problem accommodating us.  I mentioned I had a strawberry cake and my dad hates strawberry cake - but if you didn't know, Wednesday you get free pie at O'charley's, so he got to enjoy apple pie while we all had cake.  And kids eat free all day, everyday.  Since when?!  So, all the kids ate for free and that was a wonderful surprise.  Everyone enjoyed all their food and we were "accidentally" served rolls twice (BRING THEM ON)!
Our attempt at a family picture...
Our group
Krissy fell asleep on the way home and we put her straight to bed.  Kevin went to bed as soon as we got home too (because he's working day shift this month and waking up at 4:25am).  The other kids put on their pjs and we turned on Hairspray Live.  I realized pretty quickly it wasn't really appropriate for kids (which disappointed me), and put the other kids to bed. 

Like I said, an all around perfect day!  Thanks to everyone that took time to wish me HBD!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!! Love your new art work and it looks like it matches your room perfectly. Cute new purse - those cross body bags are so handy. I didn't know kids ate free everyday at O'Charley's. Wish we had one! Sounds like your day was a great start to a new year :)

    ReplyDelete