I mentioned that we are trying some new recipes this month. One of the things we tried is grilled pizza! It was definitely a learning experience but they turned out delish!!!
I made a homemade dough. My directions said to preheat your grill to 450* (which isn't easy to do with a charcoal grill). It also suggested making 2 smaller pizzas instead of one big one so it was easier to work with. I had bought turkey pepperoni, and had some ham and turkey sausage in my freezer, so we used those meats at toppings!
The grill did shoot up some flames when we first threw the crust on, so that's why the insides are a little scorched. We LOVED the pizza though! They had such a unique flavor and we're anxious to try them again soon!
What we'll do different next time:
- Instead of making 2 pizzas, we'll make 4-5 mini pizzas.
- Kevin is going to preheat the grill to 350*.
- Kevin also thought it would help to greases the burners on the grill ahead of time.
- It really helps having two people for the grilling/topping process!
No comments:
Post a Comment