After I decided on a giraffe themed nursery, I remembered after I had Allie I had seen a huge stuffed giraffe on two different occasions that I loved. The first time I spotted him was at the Women's Hospital gift shop, the 2nd time I saw him was at the Vineyard. I remembered him being around $100, but like I said, that was almost two years ago. I searched cragslist hoping to find a huge giant stuffed giraffe no one wanted. It sounds odd, I know, but I actually found one in an Evansville posting! I quickly texted the lady and she sent me a picture of the one she had for sale. Definitely wasn't the same one I had fallen in love with, so I passed, and took my search to the web. I found it! I found a brand new one, from Indy, on eBay, for about half of what it costed two years ago!
I knew the next step was convincing Kevin I NEEDED an expensive "stuffed animal". That didn't go so well.... it actually took me about a week to convince him I wasn't going to bring a baby home from the hospital with out a huge giraffe waiting in the nursery! My behavior over a stuffed giraffe wasn't my finest, but I was so excited to order him! On Monday I tracked our package and saw it was out for delivery! I waited and waited... and waited... and a little after 5pm, our giraffe was delivered!
The kids were sooooo excited. (I used them to help me talk Kevin into getting it). We quickly sliced the box open and took him out of the package. He was everything I wanted! Now, I just have to find a way to keep the kids off of him until the baby gets here!
 |
| A close up of his face! |
No comments:
Post a Comment