barn sale

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Diaper Changing Pad Cover

One of my latest sewing projects was a new cover for the diaper changing pad in the nursery.  I love that minky dot material and knew I wanted to use that.  I waited until I got a 50% off coupon at JoAnns because it's $15 a yard!  I feel like I'm learning so much about sewing just by messing up.  I hate that I mess things up, but I guess it's the best way to learn!  This is the tutorial I used.
All you need is fabric, elastic, and thread (not pictured b/c it was already in my machine)
I had to add a hem to the whole changing pad.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but this material was slippery and it was kind of tricky.  Not sure what I'd do without straight pins!
Added the elastic, which was more challenging than I thought it would be.  I'm still thinking I may rip it all out and try it again.  The first half wasn't stretched enough, but the other half looks like it's supposed to :)
Trying it out.... the pink will be gone in a few weeks and we'll replace it all with yellow and red or blue!



No comments:

Post a Comment