barn sale

Monday, February 1, 2016

Snap Shots of January

Here are some pictures from my phone I took the month of January (that I didn't share on Instagram!) 

On New Year's Day we went to CLV and Allie found this little ducky in the toy container.  She fell in love with it, we switched out its old batteries, and now she sleeps with it every night (and usually carries it with her during the day.)

She's so pretty when she sleeps!


I updated both of my chalkboards with designs I saw both on Pinterest.  Kevin saw the first one when he got home from work and said, "You dare so loved?" And I rolled my eyes and said, "You ARE so loved!" And now the chalkboard is forever ruined to me. 

Kevin and I both had headaches and stomach aches one day this month.  As soon and he felt better I felt worse.  He offered to go to the store to grab some groceries and came back with some pretty roses.  They lasted a whole week!

Harry has been doing anything for attention these days.  His favorite thing is when I start to meal prep, he sits in the dishes and bowls.  He always hisses at me when I make him move.  Dern cat!

Kevin gets lots of pictures like this while he's working.  The kids love sending him videos too.

All this cold weather killed my van battery.  Kevin had to work several days in a row, so my dad came over and changed it out for me (in the rain I might add). I made him one of his favorite snacks as a way to say thanks!

We had dinner at Mr. Gatti's with friends. The kids loved watching tv while eating their pizza, then playing games and earning tickets.  Austin loved putting the coin in the machines!  

Twice this month I caught Krissy with a spoonful of peanut butter.  I didn't object because I knew it was a good snack.

Charlie is definitely bigger than Harry!



We went to Rural King (to get the chickens a heated water container) and fell in love with two baby bunnies.  I really don't want anything else to take care of, but I almost threw any hesitation to the wind and said yes.  Thankfully Kevin was with us and said no! Maybe one day! Look at that fuzzy black and white one! #hearteyes

Three musketeers!

It's true Charlie... I love you!


The chickens were not a fan of all the snow we got this month!  The head hen, Sandy, was the only one that braved the snow.  She kept kicking snow off her rock.  The others kept watching from the coop.  They surprisingly had great egg production during all the snow!  We have still been getting 6-8 eggs a day!  We also turned off their heat lamp this month (we were worried about a coop fire) and thought that would make our egg production plummet, but it didn't!  

I made Valentine cookies.  They are a harder cookie with hard icing.  I love them and so do the kids but Kevin hates them.  I shared with 5 different people so I wasn't tempted to eat them all myself.

Charlie sits on my legs every night when the kids go to bed.  I look forward to this way more than I should.  #crazycatladyalert

We've LOVED having Kevin on day shift.  He's been running errands and grocery shopping with us and he noticed Austin was building a tower in our shopping cart.  We both laughed because Hayden use to do this too!

Another perk of day shift is we can go on dates just about any night we want!  Kevin got off of work and we headed out for the evening.  He always requests I wear a hat or something in my hair (which I don't normally do) so I had to take a picture to commemorate!

I bought new leggings that Krissy used as arm warmers!

Hayden and Allie made "snow babies" with our second round of snow.  They wanted to constantly go out and check on them.  Made me laugh.

Because he's so cute...

Krissy wearing Allies shirt and my slippers.


Austin snuck in the cupcakes I made and was pretty proud of himself!

I surprised Kevin with his favorite cookies to share with his bible study group.

When Kevin isn't home to wrestle with the kids, Hayden happily takes over!

One of my best friends was in town and we had a girls night.  She ordered a piña colada at our first stop (Hacienda).  I'd never had one so I tried hers. Yummy!  I'm not much of a drinker but this sure was good!

And yesterday, the last day of the month, I decided to end it with a bang... Or I guess a cut. I gave myself bangs!  I sent this pic to my sis and mom to get a feeler for what they thought.  They both (and my dad) gave me good feedback!  Allie told me, "You're a new woman," and Kevin liked it too!  Krissy and Allie both asked if I'd cut theirs.  :) (which I have no plans to do!)



Goodbye January!  I LOVE the month of February and can't wait to enjoy all the Valentine festivities!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun month! I loved seeing the side by side kitty picture, the little moments during your month and the chickens in the snow pictures made me laugh. They need some winter gear. Love your new bangs and glad you got to hang out with Whitney. Hope you've got some fun things in the works for your favorite month :)

    ReplyDelete