barn sale

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines Weekend Review 2/12/16 - Father Daughter Dance

The days leading up to and the actual Valentines Day were perfect!  I couldn't have thought of a more perfect way to celebrate "love" than all the ways we were able to celebrate it this year!  Parent/kid date nights, Hayden accepting Jesus into his heart, and a fun, festive Valentine's dinner to wrap it all up! 

Friday, the 12th, Hayden had an unexpected snow day, so we were happy to have him home all day!  I baked while the kids played and watched movies.  Kevin took half a day off work, so he could take Allie and Krissy to our church hosted Father-Daughter dance that evening.  The girls look forward to this all year long!  I gave them baths, did their hair, put on their dresses and sparkly shoes, and waited for grandparents to come by and see the three of them off.  They had O'Charley's for dinner and were at the dance by 6:30.
The boys and I planned on having a date night too. A family friend had a family member pass away, so before we started our date, we had to make a stop at the funeral home.  I made some treats for the family and we dropped those off.  Hayden suggested Chinese for dinner and I'm always up for that!  Austin loved his food, and Hayden was a bit more picky, but still enjoyed his.





Kevin got both of the girls heart necklaces to wear to the dance.
 Both girls had crowns but Allie didn't want to wear hers.  We also left her glasses at home too since we had an accident with them earlier in the week!




The food tray I delivered to the funeral home.
Austin working on cleaning his plate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment