barn sale

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines Weekend Review 2/13/16 - Hayden's Baptism

The Saturday, the 13th, I spent the morning and afternoon dabbling in one of my favorite hobbies (cake decorating).  We had plans for Hayden to get baptized that evening and I thought it was only appropriate to celebrate with cake.  My parents came by that afternoon to drop off a baptism gift that my dad and Kevin had been working on for Hayden (next post).

He made the decision to get baptized about 4 weeks ago, but we wanted to wait for a Saturday Kevin was off work, and this was the soonest we could do it.  It also gave Kevin time to work on and finish his gift from us!  Throughout the week I kept asking Kevin if he wanted to practice what he was going to say and he kept acting like I was over-planning, but I knew he'd get nervous when the time came...and I was right!  We did do a run though of what he was going to say a couple times and you wouldn't have known he was nervous.  He did great and said everything he planned to say.  After Hayden got baptized, he came back and sat with me and kept saying, "I'm so excited!"  The church gave him a little packet with a new bible and papers.  He kept flipping through his grown-up bible during church.  At one point he stopped and looked at me with those big hazel eyes and a big smile on his face and said, "I'm going to read it every day!"  Most of our closest family and friends were there to celebrate with us, and we all went to dinner afterwards at Hayden's favorite spot, Olive Garden.  It was a perfect evening!


There was one other baptism before Hayden had his turn.





Here's a video clip of the baptism!









 



The couple in the center of the picture are the ones that taught Hayden's baptism class.  They came over after church to congratulate him. 


"Follow me and I will make you fishers of men."  Matthew 4:19








No comments:

Post a Comment