barn sale

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines Weekend Review 2/14/16 - Valentine's Day

Sunday, the 14th, I made the kids a cute birdy Valentine breakfast.  The kids opened Valentines (from Kevin's parents) and we took some time to hang Hayden's new bird feeder (a gift from my parents after his baptism).  It was a very low-key day spent in our pjs! 

I did meal prep throughout the day for the dinner I had planned for the evening.  Normally we get a sitter for the kids and Kevin and I take an evening to ourselves, but we have had several date nights lately and I was looking forward to a family date night.  As I was putting the finishing touches on dinner, I made all the kids and Kevin go to the bedrooms while I set the table with Valentines decorations and our first course.  We had boys escort the girls to their seats.  Everyone ooh'ed and aaaah'ed over the three courses I made.

On the menu:  Salad with mixed greens, cucumber, carrots, and ranch.....  Beef tips, garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli..... Chocolate fondue with pineapple, strawberries, rice krispie treats, brownies, pretzels, and marshmallows.  We had pink pina coladas (the kids were virgin drinks) and water to drink.  It was such a special evening at home and I think the kids will remember how much fun it was!  I think I enjoyed this Valentine's dinner more than any others in years past, so we may have started a new family tradition!



Most of my supplies (napkins, hearts, table cloth) came from the Dollar Tree!  Kevin gave me the roses the day before.




Krissy loved the chocolate fondue so much she actually drank it with her straw! hahaha

After we did dishes and put the kids to bed, we crashed on the couch! 


1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I have been craving The Melting Pot so I may just need to plan a little fondue at home or head to Indy for the real deal :) The Rice Krispie dippers are my favorite. Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete