Last week after I had finished a sewing session, I laid in bed trying to think of a solution to our "towels on the floor" problem. I decided the next day I'd go on a hunt for a towel rack. But my mind kept processing that thought, and I didn't want to waste the money on a new rack if the kids wouldn't even use it! So I was trying to come up with a fool proof way that was guaranteed to work. And then it hit me. Button holes. Yes! I'd sew button holes on my towels, and he kids would know how to exactly hang their towels.
I found a cute rack at TJ Maxx for $20. It was a little more than I was wanting to spend but I had no luck at the first few stores I had tried before. We finished our shopping at nap time and as soon as the kids laid down, I hung the rack. Next I got out my sewing machine and started sewing red button holes (I wanted them to be easy to spot) on my white towels. [I folded the towel in half lengthwise, determined the center, and let my machine sew the button hole. Easy peasy ]
I showed the kids the new towel hanging system and they thought it was so cool. I'm happy to report that in the last week, there's not been a towel left on the floor! They've been so excited to hang them perfectly all by themselves and I've been so excited to have a towel-less bathroom floor!



Good fix! It's nice when you can come up with an easy solution to something that drives you crazy. I bet the kids like having their own hooks :)
ReplyDelete