We've been trying hard to enjoy our summer and the nice weather everyday! The kids come in covered in dried dirt or wet clothes e.v.e.r.y. time they go outside. I'm working on letting that bother me less and focusing on being thankful that my kids are all friends and they all enjoy playing together. Besides, no one likes a grumpy mom!
 |
| Popsicles or ice cream has been our go-to snack |
I've done a lot of baking the last week! Most was for the shower I threw, but I wanted to make a couple of things just for my family too!
 |
| Chocolate and White cupcakes for the shower |
 |
| We call these Crescent Puffs, but they are also called Resurrection Rolls. Crescent rolls + marshmallow + cinnamon & sugar |
Allie has always been my shopping buddy, but Krissy is really enjoying our girly shopping days the older she gets! This child has transformed so much over the last 1-2 months that it's worth documenting. She went from being the one that caused problems and fights with other kids to being the little peace maker and caretaker to the other three kids. If someone hurts themselves she runs to the freezer to get an ice pack with no prompting from me. She will frequently share with Austin whatever she's playing with, and she thrives off the positive praise we give her. It is no secret she was my hardest baby to bond with, but I'm so thankful we've made up for that rough first year! She insists on me calling her my little birdy (if I call her anything else other than birdy, she says "No, mom! I your birdy!". She "tweet tweets" when I smile at her, she loves getting accessorized, when she holds my hand she really just holds on to one finger, and she so sweetly asks me to "hoed" her or "wock" her over and over during the day. No words can explain how much I love this age/change in her! Here are a couple pictures from our shopping adventures yesterday :)
Our littlest baby, Charlie, got neutered and front declawed last Friday. He had to stay overnight and he was brought back home Saturday. The vet recommended confining him to a room/crate for several days since one of his paws was experiencing some swelling (due to him batting his paws and constantly licking them - which they said was all normal behavior), so we kept him in the over-sized dog kennel for 2 days and on days 3-4 we confined him to our bedroom. We would let the kids go pet him through the cage, but we were pretty strict about not letting the kids hold him. In the middle of the week I finally gave in and let him have full run over the house. We are still taking him off tables and tops of couches when we find him there. He's recovered really well and I'm glad we took him to a nicer vet place to have the laser declaw surgery done!
I get Sephora emails all the time, and normally I just delete them, but I opened one this week and saw this spray for your hair. I was so excited to read about it because it's made for hair just like mine. It's now at the top of my list of things to buy!!!

Saturday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, Hayden's baseball team had tournaments to play. These were the first games that they kept score, and all the parents/grandparents/fans got into the games. The Championship game didn't disappoint! The normal rules state that you play 4 innings. Innings 1-3 you play till you get 5 runs or 3 outs, but the 4th inning you play until 3 outs, so you can get a lot of runs. (On Tuesdays game we got 21 runs the 4th inning and they ended up just switching teams because it was clear we had quite a lead.) Well Wednesdays game, we had a tie at the end of the 4th inning! 10-10! So we played a 5th inning with the same rules as the 4th - 3 outs. We ended up getting 11 runs which was so exciting! Final score was 21-10. The little boys were so excited to be The Champions and I think the fans of the purple team were just as excited!

|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Kevin's worked his bum off for these chicken . He just finished building their run last night! All that's left to do is stain the wood, add some plants to make it more colorful, and put a netting over the top of the fenced in area so they don't fly out! None of those things are urgent though.
You'll have to let me know what you think about the salt spray because I've heard great things about it and have always been intrigued. Glad to hear the update on Krissy - she looks so sweet in these pictures. Your chicken palace is quite fancy so I hope they appreciate their nice accommodations. Glad to hear that Charlie is on the mend. I hate when they have to go through all that.
ReplyDelete