This weekend was beautiful! It was 80s/90s on Saturday and Sunday and the sun was shining all day! I could just sense it coming.....Hayden and Allie on the verge of telling me they were bored, so I told them once they helped me pick up inside, we ate lunch, and I laid Austin down for his nap, I would get out the slip n slide Hayden got for his birthday.
They were both so excited and ready to be outside and kept asking how much longer. As soon as the house wasn't a disaster, they had some food in their bellies, and Austin was laid down, we started getting set up. Krissy came outside with us during the set up. She had scratched her leg earlier in the day and the gnats wouldn't leave her alone and she had no desire to be outside. Once I got the water connected, I left the oldest two out to play and laid Krissy down. Then I grabbed my camera and took these.

After about an hour (I don't even want to guesstimate my next month's water bill!), I turned off the water and shut down the slide. They kids weren't happy with me, but when we started rolling up the slide, we realized all the worms that were in the ground under the slide decided to come up and play. I was completely disgusted, but the kids went crazy grabbing them by the handfuls. I told them to make themselves useful and at least take them to my garden! So I have about 5 or 6 handfuls of worms now working their way through my raised bed.

Looks like they are having a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteMamaw