Here's some stuff that happened this past week!
My niece Addison got baptized last Saturday! We were all so excited for her and I offered to make a cake to celebrate afterwards. Addison was so sweet and complimentary of the cake and I was thrilled she liked it!

Krissy and Austin got wrapped in their favorite "ni-night" and "naw-nee".they both just giggled and smiled at each other. They also had a jibberish conversation about dada that I wish I would have gotten on video!
Kevin's Father's Day request was chocolate chip cookies. I keep tweeking the Tollhouse recipe and these tweeks made my favorite version yet!
We had lunch at Christmas Lake then dinner at Hacuenda. No pics from dinner because Krissy and Austin were in melt down mode most of the evening.
A little doe came to see us at CLV
Hayden, Allie, Krissy, and I all ended up with tons of chigger bites! I've never had them before and neither have the kids. They itch like the dickens.
Kevin planned a date night for us in Owensboro. We are anxiously awaiting the reopening of Shylers, but Kevin heard great things about this BBQ place and we decided to give it a try. They are ranked 8th in the nation by Southern Living magazine, they have been voted Kentuckys best BBQ and are the current grill master champions in KY. Quite a reputation!
We both got a combination plate which included 3 kinds of meat and 2 sides for $14.50. I picked a mutton, shredded pork, and ribs. The sides were amazing and I loved two of the three meats! I'd never tried mutton (which is Kevin's favorite) and I wasn't a big fan. But Kevin happily finished what I didn't eat. We both were miserably full when we left.
In the lobby they had a map and you could mark how far you'd traveled for their BBQ. It was amazing to see all the different countries and how many places had been marked!
One evening we took the kids + our neighbor out for ice cream. We like to rotate between snowcones, DQ, and Lics. Lics was where we ended up that evening.
I was able to get a lot of cleaning done this past week. Our bedroom and the hall closet were my goals and they are both clean! When Hayden saw the hall closet, he exclaimed, "You can actually see the floor!" It's sad to say it was really that bad! But it's cleaned and organized now ;)



























Ummm what is mutton?? Sounds icky! I'm excited for Shylers to be back up and running. I'm also excited Evansville's getting a Freddy's Steakburgers - they are amazing!! Looks like a fun week. Your cake for Addison turned out really cute and Lics sounds delicious. Always enjoy reading what you are up to. I laughed when Hayden remarked that he could see the closet floor :) Way to go on getting this organized!
ReplyDelete