May was a busy month for me. Hayden had his birthday, he finished the school year, he had about two baseball games a week, I was volunteering in Hayden's class weekly, and I was planning and prepping for a baby shower I was hosting at the end of the month. Just keeping up with my normal grind was hard so my blog was put on the back burner for the month.
So, let's get up to date - I'll start with Hayden's Birthday!
His birthday fell on a Friday. This was the 1st year he woke up on his own and he was excited to open gifts. He's always been so good about letting other siblings or friends open his gifts. This birthday was no different. We got him a sprinkler, soccer ball, an electric circuit board from the boy scout store (it's like legos but with electric - you can build all kinds of things), fishing stuff, and a Pokemon card he wanted.
We decided last minute to invite some of his school friends over for his birthday party in additional to the family that normally comes. I kept it easy - I made cupcakes and ordered pizza and breadsticks. The house was louder than it's ever been and I don't see myself inviting friends over for an inside birthday party again. (I had actually thought we'd have everyone eat and play outside but the weather didn't cooperate.)
Hayden has changed a lot in a year. He's figuring out who he is, how to act, and he really likes to make people laugh. He also says everything he thinks - and that's something we need to work on! He's lost 5 or 6 teeth in the last year. He says he wants to learn karate, how to play the drums, and play basketball. He's currently not doing any of those things so I'm not sure if he's willing to give up baseball and cub scouts to pursue some of his new interests. Life is too busy to do them all.
Here's a few pics from my camera that I took on his birthday.


Awwww he's getting so big. Looks like he had a great day :) Love that Charlie was excited to help him open gifts. Was this his first birthday party? Glad he had a fun time and I'm sure he loved having his friends there.
ReplyDelete