Some fun things that happened this week:
Allie has been practicing riding her bike without training wheels for a couple weeks. The first day Kevin took them off, she rode around the driveway with him holding on to the bike. The last couple weeks, she practiced in the backyard all by herself. She wasn't afraid of falling because the grass doesn't hurt too bad! This week, Hayden and Kevin decided to take a bike ride down the street and Allie decided she wanted to go. She took off down the street without thinking twice! I love that she had no hesitation! She did end up having a small crash in the driveway yesterday, but was back on her bike within an hour.
Charlie is the sweetest snuggle bug when the kids go to bed! He's been such a great kitty and we all just love him to pieces!
 |
| He follows me around from room to room during the day. |
I was telling Kevin that the hardest part of my day is when Austin and Krissy both want held (which usually happens 2-3 times a day). They want to be held at the same times, but refuse to let me hold them both on my lap; so if I hold one, the other is sitting next to me crying. And when I put one down, they immediately cry and the one that was crying stops. Any suggestions? Sometimes I can distract the one I'm not holding with my phone.
I made one of my families favorite breakfasts this week! Crescent rolls + scrambled eggs + cheese + sausage links. You make the eggs and cook the sausage, then assemble. Brush the tops with an beaten egg, then bake at 350 for 12-15 mins (or until golden brown). Yum! (Oh yeah and I make a double batch because my kids eat the leftovers as a snack).
Allie has been asking me for at least two weeks if I'd take her shopping to buy high heels. I kept putting it off, but on Wednesday decided I'd give in. We went to Payless and told the lady working there we wanted something with a small heel. She pulled out 4 pairs in Allie's size and our eyes both went to the bright pink pair. She tried them on and loved them. Krissy was with us too and picked out a cute pair of silver sandals (with some help from me - she actually went right for the rain boots that weren't on sale).
Kevin so sweetly bought me one of my favorite treats this week - chocolate covered strawberries! Homemade ones just don't compare to Libs.
Your breakfast sandwiches look delicious!! Glad it was a good week at your house. My mouth watered when I read about your strawberries. Allie's shoes are cute :) I have no real advice, but maybe you could duplicate yourself and then Krissy & Austin would be happy. What if you set a timer on your phone to help them take turns??
ReplyDelete