barn sale

Friday, April 26, 2013

Sesame Chicken

I'm on a roll with these Weight Watcher recipes!  Kevin says he would never know that this sesame chicken would qualify as a WW recipe because it was SO good.  I completely agree! And so did my kids.  They both gobbled up this chicken!

I adapted the recipe from Slender Kitchen.  If you don't have an electric skillet, you may want to follow the original recipe, which calls for the chicken to be baked. 
This is the picture from Slender Kitchen.  Her recipe calls for black sesame seeds, which I couldn't find at Walmart, so I left them out of my version.  We were so ready to eat when the chicken was done, I forgot to take a picture!

Ingredients:
  • 3lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut into pieces
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp of the already minced store bought kind)
  • 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar (not packed)
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
  1. In a bowl, toss the chicken pieces, salt, pepper, and flour.  Grease an electric skillet and add chicken to skillet.  Leave the lid off so you can watch to make sure it's not cooking too fast.  
  2. Once the chicken is cooking, mix together the sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame seeds.  Immediately pour over the chicken.
  3. Stir the chicken to make sure it's evenly coated with the sauce.  Cover and cook for 5 mins.  Stir, then cover and cook another 5-7 mins, or until chicken is no longer pink.
  4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I based the recipe on 8 servings, which equals 6 P+.  The chicken was very filling and would be great with steamed veggies and rice!  

1 comment:

  1. Very tasty, you will like it so much you will want to go back for seconds. Margaret

    ReplyDelete