barn sale

Friday, April 12, 2013

Butterfinger Cookies

I love butterfinger cookies!  My mom use to make them for us when we were growing up.  They have a fantastic chewy consistency, and I think they are even better the next day!  I was eying these "butterfinger bites" at Walmart, and decided to make 3/4th of the bag into cookies so I didn't eat all the butterfinger bites in one sitting!  I have made them twice this month because Kevin loves them as much as I do.  The batch makes about 24 cookies.  Maybe you should make these this weekend?!

Butterfinger Cookies
source: my momma

3/4 C sugar
1/2 C butter at room temp
1 egg
1 3/4 C all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz butterfinger - chopped

  1. Preheat oven to 375*
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
  3. Beat in egg until fluffy.
  4. Blend in flour, soda, and salt.
  5. Stir in chopped butterfinger.
  6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto parchement lined cookie sheet.
  7. Bake 11-13 mins until lightly browned.  Let stand on the cookie sheet 3-5 mins.
The dough is very stiff!
Let cool and enjoy!  We fight over the cookies with the big hunks of butterfinger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment