barn sale

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013 Part 1: Dying Eggs

We decided to dye Easter eggs on the 24th.  It gets so busy the day or two before Easter and we really wanted to let the kids have a good time with it.  Krissy was napping during the egg coloring (I planned it that way), so if you're wondering why she wasn't in any pictures, that's why :) Here are some pictures from the egg dying!
I made some of those slice and bake cookies to snack on while coloring eggs.
The dyes.  I decided to use 100% vinegar to dye the eggs, and I won't be doing that again.. (The eggs turned out splotchy)
 Eating cookies while round one of eggs were dying.










Proud of the eggs they dyed.
Thumbs up to dying Easter eggs.
And the bunny ears...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about not using all vinegar because I almost did that this year. Looks like a good time was had by all. Did you lock up the cats because I figured they would have been in the middle of this fun project?

    ReplyDelete