Kevin and I decided to make it a priority to have a date night once a month. He plans the odd month dates (January, March, May... etc) and I plan the even month dates (February, April, June... etc) and we can choose not to tell each other what has been planned. We were both really looking forward to this date last night! We hadn't had one since before Krissy was born!
I knew he was taking me shooting, but I didn't know what all he had planned. He bought me pink ear and eye protection which was my first surprise. We did our shooting at Strictly Shooting and had a fun time! (I wasn't a bad shot if I do say so myself). Then he told me he was taking me to dinner at my favorite place. I guessed China Bistro and I was right :) I mealed on some General Tsos chicken! He told me he had one more thing planned and it was something neither one of us had ever done. I racked my brain and had no clue what he planned. He told me he was taking me to an Icemen game. I still don't understand the game what so ever (like why the guys hit each other a dozen times, but the 13th time ends up in a fight? and why the crowd cheers for fighting when it's frowned upon in just about every other sport? or why the officials stop the game so much?), BUT the atmosphere was high energy and fun! I think the kids would really love going to a game so we may try to plan that before the season is over (as long as we can distract them during the the "Hey you suck - we're gonna knock the puck out of you" chant...).
Kevin favorite part of the date was between stop 1 and 2. I was getting out of the car for dinner and something dropped in my boot when I was walking into China Bistro. I stopped in the parking lot, shook my boot, and out came an empty bullet shell. He planned a great date night so I have some high expectations to fill for February!
No comments:
Post a Comment