Valentines is my favorite holiday (besides Christmas). My mom sent me a link on Pinterest that had a picture of a heart garland. It drives me crazy when I click on a picture and I don't get the step by step instructions on how to replicate what I've seen! This link was one of those. (And oddly enough this blog post is one of those! If you need more pics let me know!) There were a few pictures so it wasn't impossible to figure out, but I like things spelled out for me!
I bought 4 different colors of felt from Joanns. I folded the felt in half and sewed a stitch on the fold of the felt. Then I used my rotary cutter and sliced the sheets of felt in 1 inch strips. I made some of the strips 5 inches long and some 3 inches long.
I turned the felt strips inside out and sewed the bottoms together, giving them a heart shape! I just continuously fed them into my sewing machine so I wasn't stopping and starting and wasting a bunch of thread.
I don't have a picture of the next part, because my first attempt failed. I thought I'd thread the hearts together with thread, but it was just not strong enough. I had some yarn that worked perfect. I had to buy an extra large needle with a large eye to be able to thread the yarn, but it worked perfect. I had some leftover red and white balls from last valentines day and I put one between each heart. I think I made the garland for less than $3 and I have enough supplies to probably make another!
No comments:
Post a Comment