barn sale

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Gifts from December

Between my birthday and Christmas, I received lots of great gifts the month of December!  I asked for lots of practical things like my own little tool set to keep in the kitchen, a coat rack, velcro command strips for hanging pictures, but I also got some fun things too! 

Amy gave me three little Willow Tree people for my birthday.  I had a figure that was a mom with two kids, but I hadn't gotten anything new since Krissy was born.  The sweet little set below sits on my window sill in the kitchen.  I absolutely love it!

I had mentioned to my mom before Christmas I'd like a fabic cutting mat and rotary cutter.  I have the hardest time cutting a straight line and that's kind of important when you're sewing.  I was happily surprised to open those two gifts on Christmas!  
Here's some fabric I just cut...
The fabric on the left is the one I cut with the rotary cutter - the one on the right was cut with fabric scissors - what a difference!  Totally worth the investment if you sew :)
Kevin also bought me a gun.  He's taking me on a "date" next week and we are going shooting.  I'm looking forward to learning how to use it!

I got lots of wonderful giftcards, new fiesta, cash - all of which I'm excited about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment