barn sale

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Fall/Winter Vow

Yes, I know it's still summer, but our entire house has been dealing with a horrendous bug (strep, bronchiolitis, ear infections, pink eye, and cold symptoms) the entire month of July. No one has escaped it.  With Hayden going to school in just a few short weeks, I've already been thinking about how I can become more proactive and keep these germs out of my house!

Here's my game plan:
1.  Instead of wiping my counter and table off with a wash cloth, I'm going to use disinfecting wipes EVERY day!  I'm hoping Sams has a big value pack!
2.  Wipe down couch and door handles every day or two with disinfecting wipes.
3.  Give the kids vitamins every day!  I'd like to find one for me and Kevin to take too!
4.  Wash couch pillows weekly.  
5.  Have everyone get the flu shot.
6.  Baths every night for every kiddo, no exceptions.  (In the past, since the kids aren't outside sweating every day in the cooler months, I would do baths every other night.)
7.  Wash bedding more frequently.
8.  This makes sense, but I didn't ever realized that eating sugar weakens your immune system, so I'm really going to try and monitor our families sugar intake!

Anything else I should include?!  How do you all stay healthy year-round?  I'd love more tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment