We didn't eat out a ton while we were on vacation. When you have to pack up 4 kids, (usually) wait for a table and then food, it can take the fun out of dining out! Not to mention, it's expensive! So, when we did eat out it was quite a treat! (We did carry out options any chance we got!)
Our big dining out adventure took us to The Back Porch, located on scenic HWY 98. The restaurant is located ON the beach. We arrived right around 5pm and got seated right before there was a wait. Our table was positioned with a perfect beach view. We all enjoyed all the food we had ordered. We'd definitely go back! The restaurant houses several cats (we only saw one that crossed the road) and has a gift shop too. I kind of wanted to go on a cat hunt but we didn't get a chance, and we had our sights set on the Candy Factory next to the restaurant, so we passed on the gift shop!
We also frequented The Donut Hole 3 times during our week stay. You can dine in or carry out, and we did both. The wait for dine in is pretty crazy and chaotic, with no where to wait but outside on the sidewalks. We definitely preferred the carry out option, but I'd suggests dining in if it's your first time eating there. The donuts are nothing like our beloved Donut Bank, but are equally as delicious in their own way! My favorite was the Dutch Crumb Cake. Kevin loved the chocolate glazed yeast donut. We also tried their pancakes/bacon/sausage/hasbrowns/etc which were good too, but we are just partial to donuts!
Kevin and I had a date night at The Melting Pot. He says it was delicious, but I couldn't taste it. My parents had a lunch date at P.F. Changs. Mom liked it, dad didn't. We got Jordanos Pizza twice, and everyone really enjoyed it. I also had a muffin from Dunkin' Donuts, soup from Panera, and several hot chocolates from Starbucks (when you are sick, nothing is better than warm soup and warm hot chocolate!). We went to Kilwins a couple times for ice cream, but the majority of our meals were enjoyed in our condo. Kevin & Mom did most of the cooking because I was feeling so icky.
I'm already looking forward to our next trip there and crossing my fingers that I'll be able to taste the food then! :)



The Back Porch is our favorite spot in Destin! The last time we were in Destin, I believe we ate there 3 times. :)
ReplyDeleteYou ate at some of my favorites - Donut Hole, Melting Pot, Jordanos, Kilwins and we love PF Changs. I can't wait to go back to Destin just for the food!!
ReplyDelete