barn sale

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fishing at the Pier


Our family enjoys fishing!  We knew a deep sea fishing trip was out of the question this year, so we decided we'd fish off the pier!  It's $2 just to walk the pier and $7.50 to walk/fish/rent a pole at the pier.  Kids under 6 are free.

The boys went Tuesday to scope things out, while the girls stayed back and rested!  We all went Wednesday and Kevin & I went Friday.  We were catching a few things and had a lot of fun watching what other people were catching.

Hayden caught two fish at one time!  He was so proud!
On Wednesday the girls left to shop and the boys kept fishing.  I got back to the condo, realizing I didn't have a key and called Kevin.  The conversation went something like this: 
Me: "Hey, I just wanted to know the combination to get the key out of the lock box."
Kevin: "it's ****.  I'll stay on the phone to make sure you get in ok"
Me: "Ok I'll run to the condo"
(Huff and puff up a flight of stairs)
"Ok I got it, than.. *Loud intertuption*
Kevin: "OH, AHhhh, I GOT one...." 
*click*

I sat thinking, 'I wonder if he really hooked a big fish?  I wonder if he got it in.'  I didn't want to call back and bother him.  Ten minutes pass and my phone and my moms phone alert us we have a text message and I hear my mom shout,a "OH My Gosh!"  This was the pic we were sent.


Then this one.  It was a 40lb red fish.  Definitely his best catch to date!

A few others caught some right after Kevin did.  Most were smaller than Kevin's, but this guys was about the same size!

The views at the pier are spectacular, and the wildlife is so fun to see (we saw several huge sea turtles and about a dozen dolphin!).  


The pier is a "must do" if you are ever in the Destin area!!

No comments:

Post a Comment