barn sale

Monday, July 14, 2014

Out with the Bad

I'm going to get all the bad from our vacation out of the way!  (I know this is probably no fun to read, so feel free to skip it and wait for the trip highlights.  I wanted to take note of all this stuff for my own memories!)  The low lights were as follows:
  • Allie was up the two nights before we left for vacation with a sore throat.
  • We went shopping July 2nd for last minute things and I noticed Krissy had pink eye (Nooooo!)
  • Krissy threw up the day before we left.  Seemed like a one-time, freakish accident because it didn't happen again.
  • Kevin had planned to nap sometime during the day we were scheduled to leave (July 4th), but wasn't ever able to sleep.
  • We drove through the night, expecting the kids to sleep the whole way there, and that's a far cry from how the drive actually went! 
  • Krissy started getting a bad cough and was miserable on the drive down.  Her crying kept Allie awake, and Allie complained of a sore throat.  At one point, all 4 kids were awake!
  • We arrived in Destin around 10:30am with hopes we could check in the condo and all catch a nap, but the condo wasn't ready, and wouldn't be until 3pm.  (I had only caught a total of about an hours nap on the drive down.)
  • Kevin drove us around the Destin area for the next 4 1/2 hours.  We were all so exhausted.  Saturday seems like a blur.
  • I realized I was getting pink eye too.
  • Sunday didn't seem any better for Krissy, and my sore throat was feeling worse.  Allie got pink eye.
  • I lost my ability to taste - which is a total bummer when you look forward to certain foods you can only eat on vacation!  (I didn't regain that sense until we got home!)
  • Monday was proving to be worse than the day before - Krissy and I were not feeling up to doing anything.  We decided after dinner (7:45pm) to head to the Urgent Care to see if we could get meds. 
  • We had to wait 3 1/2 hours at the Urgent care to be seen.  Doctor told me I had strep, and said Krissy had the same plus an ear infection.  All pharmacy's were closed so we had to wait till the next day to fill our prescriptions.
  • Wednesday I noticed Austin & Hayden getting pink eye.
  • On Thursday, Kevin woke up with a scratchy throat.
  • We left on Saturday morning, bright and early, and hoped to be home around dinner time.  There was a bad accident on I-65 outside of Nashville, and traffic was backed up for several miles.  The road wasn't expected to reopen for several more hours, so we cut through back country roads in Tennessee.  We got home 2-3 hours later than we had planned.  
Other than the above mishaps, we had a fantastic vacation.  We packed as much fun and activity as we possibly could into our week in Destin.  The kids were excited to be some place different, and their excitement kept us fueled for the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww man! It sounds like you had a rough one this time around. I'm glad you were able to have some fun & hopefully relax a bit. Hopefully everyone is on the mend or back to normal soon. :)

    ReplyDelete