barn sale

Monday, August 4, 2014

Allie's Orange Kitty Witty Party

Allie turns 4 years old tomorrow but we had her birthday party this past Saturday.  It took her a while to decide on what theme she wanted.  She was torn between Frozen, barbie, and kitty witty.  (Kitty Witty is just an endearing term she uses for her stuffed kitty cat.)  I showed her some cake options I could make and she decided she wanted an orange kitty birthday party. 

There are zero birthday decorations for a kitty birthday party (locally - I didn't check online because I didn't have time to wait for it to ship).  We found puppy birthday supplies, and tons of Hello Kitty, but no cats.  I had to improvise.  I found some wall decal kitty stickers in a Walmart clearance isle.  I decided to use those to decorate.  I also made a photo garland of Allie and everything kitty!  I had party guests sign the book "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake".  And no kitty party would be complete without Allie Cat (my sister's beloved stuffed animal that she passed down to Allie).



While I was looking for Allie/kitty pics to decorate with, I just kept passing over adorable pictures of her I've taken the past 4 years.  I decided to print them all and decorate with them (about 200).  I had a total of three photo garlands, and a big #4 made up of pictures.  The party guests all enjoyed looking at my favorite pictures of her. 


 I served sandwiches, homemade mac n cheese [provided by my mom], broccoli cheese casserole [mom helped me get this together too], fruit salad, grape salad, and a veggie tray. 





The kids loved playing outside, so we let them eat out there too!

We had funfetti cake and ice cream for dessert.  Guests were sent home with a bag full of orange colored candies and chocolate drizzled rice krispie treats!

Allie with her kitty cake.  Kevin also bought her the #4 necklace she is wearing!


A few last party pictures...

Allie got her first jewlery box that was filled with accessories, including a new Hello Kitty necklace from her Mamaw and Papaw!
Allie got a "cozy wozy ni-night" from her Mimi & Papaw.
Austin enjoyed the party too!
Allie's favorite friend and neighbor, Jagger.
We had thrown around the idea of getting Allie an orange kitten for her birthday, but we decided to wait.  We figured ALL the kids would end up wanting puppy and kitten parties if they thought they'd get a pet out of the deal!  But in the future, we may add an orange kitty to our family!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th birthday dear Allie

    Love ya
    Mamaw and o'papaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an adorable party!! Love that Allie Cat got to attend. Super cute cake, loved all the cat pictures and the menu looked delish!! Wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete