barn sale

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Brittany's Baby Shower

If they ever made a "Pregnant Barbie,"  she would look like my friend Brittany!  I helped host a baby shower for my sweet friend this past weekend.  She's expecting her first baby, a boy, in October.  She recently moved from Indiana to California, but I was so happy she was able to have a shower here!   I eagerly volunteered to help any way I could.   There were three hostesses, and we all were in charge of areas we were good at!  Brittany's mom did lots of planning and decorations and Laura (Britt's good friend) did invites, games, prizes, and other cute touches like the adorably wrapped silverware.  I volunteered to do the food and diaper cake. 

The shower was a nautical navy blue +red theme, and it came together beautifully!  It was in Oakland City at their community center (which was newer and so nice).  Brittany was showered with lots of wonderful gifts like every first-time mommy should be!  Here are some pictures I snapped!
Pinteresty game

Each place setting had some life saver favors, a paper to fill out with your best Brittany story + baby advice, a pen, and silverware that was wrapped adorably!
The centerpieces were filled with sand, shells, and a little light. 

Brittany's mom and step-dad made this personalized life raft. 

They also made some other cute decorations that really helped set the theme!  There were even bobbers in the bucket of bottled water!

Onesie banner over the food table.
 And the food....
Veggie cups + ranch

Chopped beef cheeseball + wheat thins

Fruit Salad

Chocolate covered strawberries

Caramel swirled and regular chocolate covered pretzels

Diaper cake

Sugar cookies with royal icing

Cupcakes with nautical sugar toppers (I ordered the toppers!)

Tuxedo Brownies

Lemonade

Barbie Brittany (and get this - her real life lover boy is Ken - really, that's his name!)

Brittany requested "anything sweet".  I hope Baby H loved it all!

One of my favorite shower games is where you guess the size of mommy's waist.  Two people guessed it exactly!  I was about an inch over - womp womp.


I totally failed at getting a picture of me and Brittany, but that just gives me an excuse to see her (and her new baby) soon! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a really fun shower!! I'm drooling over your food and I'm sure that everyone else was, too. You'll have to do a post about your diaper cake - it turned out really cute and I've never made one before. I love the nautical theme and enjoyed seeing Barbie Brittany :)

    ReplyDelete