barn sale

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Silhouettes

A few years ago, I went to a friends house.  In her entryway hung 4 silhouettes of her 4 sweet kids. Since that day, I've wanted to make silhouettes of my kids!  I've been needing something else to hang in my hallway, and thought these would be the perfect addition!  Here's the finished project!



I used this tutorial.  

Here they a couple pictures of the steps!


I was not impressed with the contact paper step.  I expected clean crisp lines and in reality the paint bled under the paper.  JoAnns only carries one type of contact paper so maybe another brand would have been better?  I'm thinking in a few years if I update the silhouettes, I'll just mod podge a black piece of paper on to a canvas!
I spent about $35 on everything (pictures, canvases, contact paper, & paint).  Overall, I love silhouettes and was happy with how the project turned out, but I think there may be easier tutorials with equally as awesome results (if not better)! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!! They turned out really well especially since you did them with such a variety of ages. I think I could have picked Hayden and Allie's silhouette out of a crowd! Good work and these are pricey on-line so it's nice to see a more affordable option.

    ReplyDelete