barn sale

Monday, August 25, 2014

Life Changing Icing Trick!

I love cake & cookie decorating but I hate hate hate the clean up.  All the messy icing bags and all the tips... it's just no fun to clean them!  I try to use as few icing colors as possible because I dread clean up.  So, last week I was planning on making some sugar cookies with the hard royal icing.  I was browsing google for decorating ideas, and found a cute cookie website.  The lady had referenced her "life changing icing trick with plastic wrap" and I had no clue what she was talking about but was very intrigued!  Scrolling down a bit further, I found this video she had posted.

LIFE CHANGING people, absolutely life changing!  If you use icing bags/tips EVER, you must watch this video!  (The color mixing part is a no brainer, but it's the bag filling part that knocked my socks off)
I was so anxious to try this technique this weekend and it was as awesome as it looks.  Cleanup took about 30 seconds, and I did a little happy dance about it.  I wish I would have found this video back in 2009 when it was posted because I would have saved a ton of money on bags, but better late than never! 

Happy cake and cookie decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment