Kevin's new-found love is with sushi. Last week he went to Zuki with a large group of his co-workers. It was his first time to eat there and he was very impressed. Several people told him we'd like it because it was a lot like Nagasaki (our favorite local hibatchi eatery), so we went to Zuki for a little lunch date this weekend.
I was skeptical that any place would be better than Nagasaki. I ordered the same thing (steak & chicken) that I normally order so it would be easy to compare the two.
First up was soup & salad. It was very comparable to Nagasaki! The salad dressing may have been a hair thinner but the taste was the same. I know there are some people who don't love the traditional sesame dressing, and Zuki offered a second dressing choice. It was a ginger based dressing, but I didn't try it. The salad got two thumbs up from me!
Our chef arrived at our table and was packed full of humor. He was singing and dancing to popular radio tunes as the grill heated up. He cooked our veggies and rice first. He was putting sauces into both as he cooked them so I was anxious to try them. I requested no mushrooms or onion because I don't love it, so my veggies were zucchini and broccoli. Yum! At first taste, I knew it was better than Nagasaki. I couldn't wait for him to cook the meat!
So, I'm ok with Nagasaki going out of business because Zuki is so much better!!! I can't wait to go back!






My Kevin loves sushi, too! I think it's gross. They should get sushi together sometime and we can eat the other yummy stuff. Ever eaten at Benihana? It's my favorite hibachi type of place.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea your Kevin liked sushi! Let's go on a double date there next time you are home! And I've never had Benihana. I'll have to put it on my to do list and you'll have to let me know how it compares!
DeleteI'm super jealous!! We tried Zuki for the first time around Christmas & swore we would return but just haven't done it. Maybe we could do an adult only date some time??
ReplyDelete