I have kept a secret for 33 days! That's pretty hard for me to do, especially when it's a good secret that I'm excited about. On January 20th, I took a positive pregnancy test! That was just 5 weeks after my recent miscarriage and I was shocked/surprised/floored/worried... I pretty much felt every emotion those next few days! The same day I took the positive test, I called my doctor and had blood work done. That Friday my hCG (pregnancy hormone) was 100 and the next Monday it went to 523. What a relief (it's supposed to double every 48 hours)! I was hesitant on letting myself get too excited, but I was definitely feeling drained and out of energy all day, everyday and thanked God for that! I knew it was a good sign. Today confirmed the positive news. We had our first ultrasound and got to see our little kidney bean moving around in my uterus. Hearing that heart beat (which was 175) calmed any doubt of fear in me. I know we are still early in the pregnancy... I will be 9 weeks tomorrow, but what a
surprise and a blessing!
.JPG) |
| That little ring above baby isn't a halo, although that's what it looks like. It's the yolk sac. |
Something we have decided to do different this go around...... we aren't going to find out the sex! For any of you that know me well, I'm sure you think that's impossible, but Kevin, my BFF Amy, and my good friend Sarah have all convinced me it's the way to go! We already have just about everything we need - girl or boy! I already have my guess on what the baby is, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut - starting now :)
I also said I wasn't going to gain another 50lbs this pregnancy, buuuuut it seems my body goes into starvation mode for 9 months and I have a hard time convincing myself I don't need 12 oreos, or a super-sized chocolate milkshake, or that basket of hot wings.... Maybe blogging will help me keep the weight down! My goal is to gain no more than 40lbs! Let's see if I can do it! If not, no big deal... it's all come off after I had Hayden and Allie so I'm (going to try) not to beat myself up about it.
I'm due Septmber 26.........expect many more posts about cravings/mood swings/and preparing for #3 to come! :)
Yay!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited about Baby Devine #3!!!! I also think it's awesome you are not going to find out the sex of the baby this time!!!! That Amy friend of yours must be a very smart friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to join the Family of 5 Club!!!!!!! Congratulations Devine Family!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! So excited for you, Kevin, Hayden, & Allie! & I'm so extremely excited that you are not finding out the sex of the baby! How awesome is it going to be when you go into labor and the doctor pulls out that little bundle of joy and says, "It's a boy/girl!" Ahhh! I can't wait until September :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies :) Sarah I didn't know you read my blog! I think not finding out will keep everyone more excited this time! It may make me start biting my nails though!
ReplyDeleteSuch good news!!!., Baby Devine Number 3, no matther boy or girl we love Baby Devine 3 already., Keep thinking positive thoughts., It will be exciting not knowing babys sex
ReplyDeleteWe have truly been blessed
Mamaw