barn sale

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Only When I'm Pregnant - Week 9

As I was eating dinner tonight, thinking about my lack of blogging lately, and not wanting to just keep writing about the baby, I decided I'd do a weekly post pertaining to my pregnancy.  There are certain things I wear more frequently when I'm pregnant, and weird things I crave when I'm pregnant, so I thought it would be fun to share those!

First, let me start by telling you a horribly embarrassing story!  Tonight I was feeling a bit sluggish (maybe due to the fact I only got 3-4 hours of sleep last night) and decided I didn't want to cook dinner.  Chick Fil A was sounding pretty tasty, so I went through the drive through and ordered my usual (chicken sandwich and lemonade).  As I pulled up to the window I had my debit card and Swisa card (for my free sandwich) ready to hand to the lady.  The lady said she didn't need to see my Swisa card and it kind of threw me off because they always check the expiration date.  She started handing me the food I ordered, my card back...I took the bag of food and she said, "Have a nice day!"  I smiled and said, "Oh, you forgot to give me my lemonade!" (I wasn't about to leave with out it!)  She looked at me like I was nut and said, ".....Oh.... Ok."  I thought listen crazy lady, give me my lemonade and don't look at me like I'm dumb!  She hands me a cup of lemonade and I went to set it in my cup holder.... but there was already a big glass of lemonade there!  She must have handed it to me while I was giving her my debit card and feeling flustered from her not taking my Swisa card, I must have set it down still thinking about why she didn't even look at my card!  So, very awkwardly, I said, "I'm sorry you did give me my lemonade, so you can have this one back." As I'm handing it back through the window, feeling like I've really lost it, she said it was ok, I could just keep it because they would have to throw it away.  I said no really, here you go.... and I zoomed off and went home feeling like the biggest moron!!!  Let's hope those "pregnancy brain" (or sleep deprived) moments don't happen too often!

So, one thing I tend to do, only when I'm pregnant is wear my Ugg slippers ALL the time!  If you run in to me at Walmart, a fast food restaurant, or running errands, I will probably be wearing these if it's cold out!  Kevin bought them for me while I was pregnant with Hayden and I LOVE them!  Something about them being expensive "house shoes" makes me feel like they are ok to wear in public, even though lots of people that love me tell me I should really only wear them at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment