barn sale

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Big Cedar Lodge 2012

We still don't have our computer fixed, but after not using it for a week, it seems more refreshed and I hope I'm able to make it through this whole posting!

We took a mini vacation to the Ozark Mountains in Missouri this week.  I'd never been and it seemed like a perfect trial run for our Florida vacation that is coming up.  I was anxious to see how the kids did in a longer car ride (7 hours, which was actually around 10 after we stopped for food twice and stopped to let the kids run through Walmart).  The scenery was beautiful and we're looking forward to going back during the spring or summer of another year.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the lodge :)

View from our balcony - overlooking Table Rock Lake
Family/tv room
Kevin wanted to take the table and chairs home.
Bedroom with king sized bed and lots of windows!
The waterfall outside our window.
We had 2 full bathrooms.  This was one of them :)
The lodge we stayed at

Our only family picture - thanks to the self timer on our camera!
I loved the lines in the parking lot!
Pretty buildings
I saw these S&P shakers I thought I'd get my mom...$260!  Yikes!
Pretty stained glass
A closer view of Table Rock Lake
The huge bass was on their miniature golf course.
Allie getting a kissy sandwich
Me & Allie
Hayden checking out the giant goldfish in the little pond.

Another beautiful waterfall (that you drove over).
They have "cookie ladies" on staff that every night bring you fresh baked cookies!
The Truman Cafe at the Lodge was Excellent!!!  WHEN we go back, we'll eat there everyday for breakfast!
Inside the cozy little Cafe
Biscuits and gravy and sausage
One of the most delicious banana nut muffins I've ever had.
Cinnamon crumb cake

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a GREAT time., we were there several years ago., still as pretty as it was., family trips are to be treasured.,

    Love the family photo

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you guys would love it. You were about an 45 mins from where my mom and sister live. So glad you guys had a great time....

    ReplyDelete