barn sale

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Waiting

Isn't that a beautiful Stargazer Lily? (Actually, I had no idea what it was called.  I had to text the flower expert and owner of a floral shop, Amy, so I could sound educated!)  A couple nights ago after the kids went to bed I was tiding up the house.  I kept smelling this overwhelming flowery smell.  I had smelled it a couple times during the day but didn't think much of it.  When I received this beautiful bouquet of flowers from my sister last Friday, the lily's looked like the one at the top right of the picture.  Not yet ready to bloom, I had over looked them the first 5 days I had the bouquet.  Now in full bloom, I'm just amazed by their beauty! 

I started thinking about that flower in relation to the last week.  Last Thursday & Friday were hard, hard days.  {Refer to this post for the full story.} I know there was a reason why I miscarried but that reason hasn't shown itself yet (and I'm not expecting it to right away).  I feel like I'm that lily at the top right of the picture... just waiting for the beauty in this trial to bloom.  Kevin and I agreed that if we had it all to do over again, knowing we'd miscarry, we'd still do it all over again.  We have a beautiful little baby in heaven (that Kevin named Kelsey) waiting for us.  Why would we ever change that?  I know God wants my heart, mind, soul, willingness, spirit, attitude - my everything.  He has it.  That song with these lyrics, "Change my heart oh God, make it ever true.  Change my heart oh God, may I be like You.  You are the potter, I am the clay.  Mold me and make me, this is what I pray" - that is what I pray.  I'm looking forward to seeing what God makes of this situation and how He uses it to change my life. 

(When I YouTubed the Song "Change my heart oh God", I stumbled upon this video.  I thought it was really good and worth sharing.)

1 comment:

  1. don't you just love them! Onya got me one last year for my birthday...its planted out front. You should talk to Onya about it because you can put it in the yard.

    ReplyDelete