barn sale

Friday, December 2, 2011

Climber

Over the last week, Allie has turned into a climber!  She was always "busy" but never really climbed anything other than the couch.  Earlier this week she started climbing the barstools.  It was cute until she was managed to find he way on top of the counter while mommy was doing dishes and had her back turned!  And I'm talking literally sitting on the counter. 

Yesterday I was in the kitchen and I heard the hall bathroom door shut.  About a minute later I hear the water turn on.  I said, "Hayden!  Get out of the bathroom and turn off the water!"  He said, "I'm not in the bathroom."  After a few more seconds of the water running, I make my way down the hallway.  I see Hayden playing in our room and throw open the bathroom door to find Allie on top of the sink playing in the water!  She must have climbed from the toilet to the sink, but I don't even want to know how she gets from one to the other.  She wasn't happy I caught her and she didn't think she was doing anything wrong!  (In fact, she did it again this morning, but I was armed with my camera this time!)

She also tried to climb over a baby gate we keep in our bedroom.  It will be interesting to see what else she finds her way into! 


She's also turned in to a major repeater!  This week she's said "jacket", "Mimi", "mouth", and "cookie".  What happened to my little baby!?

3 comments:

  1. It's like we are living the same week. Sydney is climbing everything, and has started pushing chairs over to help her climb on other things. She also is a little parrot. Saying everything we are saying. Our babies are growing so quickly....makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my life when you were her age. She is you!!!!! :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! Everying is puppy dog no more.......or nummy nummy! She is growing up on us!

    ReplyDelete