barn sale

Monday, December 19, 2011

My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard

Ok, that title may be the tackiest title I'll ever use.... but this post is about milkshakes and when I went type "Milkshakes" in for the title, I started singing that horribly annoying song in my head.

Last night I was trying to convince Kevin to make me a homemade milkshake.  He kept telling me no.  Then after asking about five times, he told me, "I don't even know how to make a homemade milkshake."  Excuse me, what was that!?  I thought that was a requirement when he married me.  After being married almost 5 years, I realized we've never had homemade milkshakes together and that was a staple in my diet when I was growing up!  (I use to beg my dad to make them for me, and after about an hour of whining he would finally give in!)

So, let's go over how to make a homemade milkshake.  Find a big plastic cup.  Fill it with ice cream.  Don't pack the ice cream in and don't fill it all the way over the top.  Next, add milk.  I usually fill the glass half full.  If you want it runnier, you can always add more milk once it's stirred.  If you want a chocolate milk shake, add chocolate syrup.  Slowly start stirring your milkshake.  This is messy and sometimes the milk spills out.   Make sure all the ice cream is well mixed then it's ready to drink (or eat with a spoon, which is how I prefer mine)! 

Kevin fell in love with me all over again last night after his vanilla milkshake and I think he said something along the lines of "this is why I married you" haha.  I love how easily satisfied he is with food I make :)

I gave Kevin step my step instructions :)
My chocolate milkshake - notice the milk on the counter!  I told you it's messy!
Confession:  I found the milkshake song on YouTube while I was typing this post and listened to it for inspiration! 

1 comment:

  1. So what yummy goodies are in the container on the counter behind Kevin?!?!?!?
    Tabi

    ReplyDelete