barn sale

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

28th Birthday Cake

I guess I've had 28 birthday cakes so far in my lifetime!  They ranged from my mom's homemade ones, to cookie cakes from the mall, to Hayden creating a masterpiece today!  His cake was by far the most memorable cake I've ever had for my birthday, and it was very delicious!!!  I picked out a boxed strawberry mix and tried this recipe for buttercream icing (fantastic by the way), and voila!  Here's a recap of the cake making and decorating process....
















Just wanted to point out the yellow in the bag is icing, not cheese - had some people concerned tonight :)








Sorry for the gobs of pictures, but I just love watching him enjoy baking!  My favorite quote of the day from Hayden... I was telling him how proud I was of him for baking such a beautiful cake and he said, "I'm a cooker... Like my mom!"  Doesn't get much sweeter...

2 comments:

  1. I noticed a few things... Hayden seems really shy these days :), Hayden has a VERY long tongue and I think you should call Hayden the "Cooking Cowboy" since he cooks in his cowboy boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny you said that about the "cooking cowboy" because I told Kevin a few weeks ago he's going to have his own tv show one day and it will be called The Cooking Cowboy! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete