barn sale

Friday, January 8, 2016

Weekly Recap

We had an uneventful week getting back into the swing of things since Christmas break.  It's also been a welcomed change with Kevin working day shift.  We love having him home in the evenings and him awake and present with us all day on his days off! 

We spent New Years Day at Christmas Lake with my mom's side of the family.  They usually have their holiday get-together then because that was my Grandpa's birthday.  My kids love being there, so it was a great way to celebrate the new year, see family, and eat good food!


I made so many new recipes this week!  I've been menu planning successfully for the last month and it's allowed me to plan balanced, healthy meals!  This week I tried green beans and peas mixed in a couple of my meals.  Verdict: the green beans were rubbery and squishy and Kevin said it was just that type, so I'll have to try the regular kind.  For the peas, they were mixed in a veggie dish and I couldn't really taste them! 






And I made two new guilt-free cookie recipes!  My kids and I loved them!


I took down all our Christmas decorations this week!  The house always feels so bare, and I contemplated going ahead and putting up Valentines decorations, but decided I'd wait one more week and spend some time cleaning the house.  (I'm having such a hard time getting the house cleaned and organized since Christmas! Anyone else having that problem?)  However, I did decide to update my chalk boards!


We closed in our new mortgage loan on Wednesday.  We refinanced through ETFCU and got a 15 year loan with a rate of 2.99! Our old loan was 30 yrs with a 4.5 rate so we were so excited to make the switch!  We also switched our primary checking account to their bank and I spent many hours on the phone updating our automatic payments to different places!

We have another uneventful week planned for the coming week and those are always my favorite ☺️


1 comment:

  1. Yummy food! We love green beans at our house! Here's our favorite way to fix them: buy the fresh or frozen green beans, cook on your stove top with a sprinkle of olive oil, salt and pepper, I add in a bit of onion (optional) and then let cook until tender. Add in a big spoonful of slivered almonds and a splash a bit of lemon juice or apple juice on them. Cook for just a little longer. You could always try canned too if you don't like the texture of fresh or frozen.

    They're also yummy cooked on the stove top with red peppers. I have several new recipes to try this month so I'll be sure to share any good ones :)

    I got out my Valentine's decorations yesterday :) It was good motivation to clean/dust/vacuum everything.

    ReplyDelete