I've got another healthy and delicious recipe to share with you. And the best part - it's simple and comes together so quickly!
Ingredients:
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (I used my pampered chef chopper to get tiny pieces)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
Instructions:
- In a heavy bottomed skillet (I use my cast iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, around 10 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even browning.
- In a separate skillet (another cast iron skillet), brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the kielbasa from the pan and set aside. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together. Serve nice and hot!
Another huge hit with my family! Three of the four kids were eating the bell peppers and no one even noticed the onion in it! Kevin said we should eat this meal on the regular and couldn't believe it was considered a healthy meal. I loved it too! Hope you enjoy!
We love this meal, too! You should make some orzo to eat as a side. I had orzo pasta and no potatoes so you should see what your family thinks of it http://polka-dottyplace.blogspot.com/2015/09/menu-monday.html
ReplyDelete