2016
this is the year
I Purpose To...
Engage: intentionally. Rejoin my women's group, set up play dates, go on dates and double dates. I need to engage with people intentionally and not be full of excuses.
Be: a better friend. Text more frequently, plan visits whenever possible, & have more breakfast and lunch dates.
Believe: everyday is a new, fresh start. This means not carrying the weight of yesterday with me. Whether that's with healthy eating, keeping the house clean, or disciplining the kids. I love the new year and the refreshment it brings, but I can have the same attitude everyday! Woohoo!
Break: the negative self talk. This is something I really struggle with. But I'm aware and have gotten better about it. I try to redirect my thoughts with biblical truth.
Daily: spend time with the Lord - reading my bible, watching old sermons, listening to Focus On The Family... It all helps keep life in focus.
Do: more... reading, blogging, picture taking, crafting, budgeting, and menu planning - and only because I enjoy all those things (or the results of those things - like budgeting and menu planning!)
Let Go: of people pleasing. Anyone else do this? I say yes to people when I want to say no. I don't speak up when I should. So it's time to speak up, let go, be honest and move on.
Learn: to quilt. I need to start small but I don't have a habit of doing anything small. I love going all out. But I think that's why this has been on my yearly goal list for a couple years and I haven't been able to cross it off!
Live: in faith not fear. We have an exciting year ahead of us (vacation, Allie starting school just to name a couple) and I don't want to let fear hold me back from experiencing the best!
Give: up screen time for more face time... Especially while the kids are awake! Just about everyone I know is guilty of spending too much time with their noses in their phones. And I'm no exception. I want to be better about not keeping my phone attached to my hip all day, everyday, especially when interacting with family and friends.
Grow: a savings account. We have plans to open a Christmas club account just to get the ball rolling on saving weekly. A couple weeks ago we made some changes to our primary banking branch and we are refinancing our house. I'm hoping these changes will be positive for our finances!

No comments:
Post a Comment