Hayden got to spend his gift card first! We went yesterday after school. None of us had ever been to this place, so we were all looking forward to it! We watched our beginner video, got our shoes and harness on, and off we went!
We know for next time, we should wear clothes that are more light weight/workout clothes - not jeans! The three of us stuck out like a sore thumb, but everyone was very nice and helpful and not judgemental at all. It was a little weird being all the way at the top, and letting go. They actually tell you to just let your hands go and pretend like you're sitting down, but keep your legs straight. You know the rope will catch you, but it's a mind over matter thing when you're that high up! Hayden preferred to climb up then climb down. He wasn't trusting the ropes. But he had a great time and can't wait to go back!
Kevin's parents had given Hayden a gift card to Dairy Queen for his straight A report card this last semester. He decided he wanted DQ for dinner so we headed there after rock climbing!
Once we ate we got ice cream. I was freezing, so I put my hood on. I was still cold so Kevin gave me his jacket. Both boys were laughing at me and Hayden decided I needed his jacket too. Once they took their goofy picture I gave Hayden his jacket back!
We had a great night and I can't wait for our next three times out with the other kids!







Great gift idea! I like to ask for movie certificates, zoo membership, & cMoe membership. It's the gift that keeps on giving!!
ReplyDelete