barn sale

Friday, August 14, 2015

Weekly Happenings: August 8 - 14

We had a good week!  Here's a little review in pictures from my iPhone :)

The story behind the adorable hair wraps... I have a turbie twist I use in my hair when I get out of the shower. They are like $5 at Walmart.  The girls always want their hair up like mine, and the last time I went to the Dollar Tree, I found these adorable ones!  Length wise they are smaller than the name brand ones, but it's perfect for their shorter hair! And I love the colors ;)


On Monday we got to meet Hayden's 2nd grade teacher and bring in school supplies.  He found his new classroom (which happens to be the exact same classroom he had last year... He thought that was neat), his locker, and his desk.

After meeting the teacher we had an ice cream date.


Wednesday
Wednesday was his first day of 2nd grade!  Kevin drove him to school and the whole family went outside to send him off.  


He also took his teacher his favorite cookies on the first day!

If you read my post Wednesday, you'd know I was down and out literally all day. I had the most horrible kink in my neck and I couldn't move my head at all without having the most terrible pain that took me to the ground.  It really was weird and I've never experienced anything to that degree before.  Kevin saved the day and stayed up all morning, took a quick nap at lunch time, and stayed up all afternoon and early in the evening to keep things running.  He had worked 5pm-5am the day before and he was running on E all day.  The kids loved having him home and awake all day!

This was me most of the day... Laid out with a heating pad, eating Advil like it was candy {that's an exaggeration - I had 4 all day, but that's a ton for me because I hardly ever take pain meds!}

A friend from high school has a little boy in Hayden's class and they just happened to sit next to each other in class!  She posted this picture on their first day and we loved it!  Allie asked if she could look at it all day :)

While Kevin took a little nap that afternoon, Krissy and Austin got into absolutely everything.  This is Krissy after her mascara encounter... And the hardest part of the day was having to sit and not being able to do anything!

Moving on from Wednesday, Allie has been finding ways to keep herself busy while Hayden has been at school - drawing, coloring, & playing with our pets just to name a few.  She and Krissy have become good playmates too, so things are going more smooth than last year.

(Isn't there a saying that people look like their pets?!)




And I wanted to note that these two are starting to get along better.  In the past, it has been a constant fight for my attention, but I'm seeing moments of sweetness where they enjoy each others company!

And another side note, Krissy is looking older to me everyday!

That's a little wrap up of my week :) hope you had a great one too!
(Sorry if the format looks funny/different.  I did this post from my phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment