barn sale

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Counting Down the Days

I have loved my summer with Hayden!  He is such a help at our home.  The three other kids look up to him so much.  They listen to him, they love to play with him, and he loves to make them all laugh.  And with the start of a new month, it means our summer break is coming to an end.  I'm not that parent that gets excited to send their kids back to school.  

I know Hayden loves riding the bus.  He enjoys shopping for new school supplies and school clothes.  He's excited to meet his teacher and see who he knows in his class.  I'm excited about that stuff too!  What I dread is being away from him 8 1/2 hours Monday through Friday.  Last year, Kevin was gone every evening.  I dreaded the chaos from the time Hayden came home until bedtime.  We had to do homework.  I had to make dinner and give baths.  If there was any extra curricular activities to go to, I had to line up a sitter or take all the kids with me.  I liked to try and clean up in the evening and I also liked him to get time to play with his siblings.  It just seemed like there was never enough time to do it all.  

We've already made some changes, so I'm hoping this year will be better.  Kevin should be home a few evenings during the week, and that will help a ton.  We've given up scouting, which is a year around activity, so he can pursue some other interests.  And he has a new teacher.  So while I dread the daily grind, I'm also anxious to see how it all plays out!  Maybe it will be better?  One can pray, right?


Showing off his new school shoes!








Hayden,
I love you so much buddy!  I hope second grade is the year you (and I) fall in love with school!  I hope you make great friendships that bring out the best of you.  You were very good at following the rules last year, so I hope that good streak continues!  I'll be looking forward to our evening chats and weekends together.  I am so proud of the little gentleman you've become!
Love, 
Mom


2 comments:

  1. Hayden you are one of a kind!!! So sweet. With a heart if gold!!! It has been a great summer. I know you look forward to a new adventure at school and know your mom and dad will miss you so much.
    We love you dearly little guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he was so excited to show me his new school shoes. Second grade is a fun year in school so I hope that proves true for him with a great teacher, good friends and new opportunities. Your changes sound promising and I bet you'll find a new routine that works even better for you than last year.

    ReplyDelete