barn sale

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Song

We've loved being "snowed in" the last couple days.  We haven't really been stuck at home, but we have just enjoyed all of us being home.  Kevin ran to Walmart on Monday to pick up some essentials, and he asked if I wanted him to grab a Redbox while he was out.  I browsed through the app on my phone to see what was out and saw "The Song" was on DVD.  I wanted to see the movie while it was in theaters, but we never got around to it.  Our senior pastor at church has ties to the movie.  His son helped produce the movie and he even had a tiny role as a pastor in the movie.
I knew the movie would have a good message, but I was surprised by the PG-13 rating.  I think they gave it that rating for "adult content" (drug use, suicide, and some physical violence)  Does not sound like your average "christian" movie, but it was really really good.  The acting was great.  The music was fantastic (in fact, I want to go buy the soundtrack next time I'm in Evansville).  It's a great movie for any adult to watch.  You won't be disappointed!

And just a fun little fact, the main character, Jeb,is part of a band in real life :)  Anthem Lights is their name. 






No comments:

Post a Comment